Program Availability *
Diesel Engine Service Technician (FABTECH)
Some courses may be available at multiple locations.
Accepting applications for this term
Not accepting applications for this term
Costs may not include all books or all materials and supplies. Some textbook costs may be included in the estimated program cost.
Cost based on current tuition and fees
Additional materials and supplies
* Tuition and fees are subject to change.
FABICK Personal Interview
After all required documents are received, FABICK will schedule a personal interview with selected applicants to determine eligibility into the program.
FABICK Release of Information
Print and complete the Release of Information form www.fvtc.edu/ReleaseFormFabick; If the applicant is under 18 years of age, the parent and/or legal guardian signature is also required; Completed forms should be submitted to: Attn: FABTECH Admissions, FVTC, 3601 Oregon St, Oshkosh, WI 54902.
High School Transcript
Submit a final, official high school transcript or an official copy of GED/HSED certification scores; Current high school students must submit an official in-progress transcript and a final official transcript after graduation.
This technical diploma is part of the FABTECH program through the partnership FVTC has with Fabick Cat. All students in the FABTECH program start in the Diesel Engine Service Technician technical diploma. Upon completion of that program, you are guided by your instructors and Fabick Cat representatives to enter into either the Diesel Construction Equipment Service Technician technical diploma or Diesel Power Generation & Marine Service Tech technical diploma. Upon completion of the two technical diplomas, you have the option to pursue the Individualized Technical Studies-FABTECH associate degree.
[Learn more about FABTECH and Fabick Cat](https://www.fabickcat.com/our-company/education-programs/)
- Demonstrate proper communication techniques, both oral and written, for customer service
- Diagnose, repair and service brake systems
- Diagnose, repair and service Diesel Engines
- Diagnose, repair and service Drive Train Systems
- Diagnose, repair and service Electrical/Electronic Systems
- Diagnose, repair and service HVAC Systems
- Diagnose, repair and service Hydraulic Systems
- Diagnose, repair and service Steering & Suspension Systems
- Maintain Caterpillar diesel engines by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, engine testing, diagnostics, and engine overhauling
- Operate hand tools and shop equipment safely
- Perform scheduled and preventative maintenance procedures on Caterpillar heavy construction equipment
- Repair Caterpillar equipment, including engines, using the latest tools and advanced diagnostic technology
- Use proper lifting and blocking procedures for a variety of equipment, following OSHA and MSHA laws and procedures
- Use the Caterpillar service information system and complete service reports