Six Sigma Certifications
Fox Valley Technical College offers an affordable, efficient method to achieve Six Sigma white, yellow or green belt certification while understanding the demands of the working adult. Designed for manufacturing, service, and healthcare industries, this program includes the concepts of Six Sigma, Lean Enterprise and Theory of Constraints.
Six Sigma is a comprehensive and flexible system for achieving and sustaining bottom line results in your organization. Six Sigma is much more than a quality system; it is a disciplined, data-driven approach and methodology for eliminating defects in any process. Learn more about Lean Six Sigma and how it can benefit your organization.
**What is Six Sigma?**
* Utilizes DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) methodology
* Closely understands customer needs
* Discipline use of facts, data and statistical analysis
* Diligent attention to managing, improving and reinventing business processes
**Lean Six Sigma Certification Options:**
* **White Belt**: Acquire practical knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and philosophies in an interactive 8-hour workshop.
* **Yellow Belt**: Practice basic Lean Six Sigma tools during an engaging 16-hour workshop that includes an introduction to statistical tools and process control.
* **Green Belt**: Achieve the coveted Green Belt Certification designation by completing seven days of classroom training and online learning with an applied project.
**Six Sigma White Belt**
Acquire practical knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and philosophies in this 8-hour interactive workshop. Gain an understanding of the basic concepts and terminology associated with a Lean Six Sigma business transformation. Practice the use of techniques through simulations that are applicable to either a manufacturing or a transactional setting.
The Six Sigma White Belt workshop is designed to provide participants with the fundamental concepts behind Six Sigma as a continuous improvement strategy. Key concepts include process improvement, the impact of variability, process performance, and the specific roles that different team members play.
Review the DMAIC processes including how to Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control with a primary emphasis on define. Workshop participants lend support to workplace process improvement projects as a project leader or team member.
The Six Sigma White Belt is a prerequisite to Yellow Belt and Green Belt training. The workshop is an excellent basis for all employees in a company pursuing Six Sigma as an improvement strategy. It provides employees with foundational concepts to understand their company's improvement methodology.
* Understanding the DMAIC methodology
* Understanding the roles of various team members in a Six Sigma project
* Managing and improving processes using the Six Sigma methodology
* Applying methodology to workplace processes
**Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt**
This unique 16-hour training opportunity enables participants to practice the basic tools of a Lean Six Sigma practitioner in an engaging, interactive classroom setting. You will participate in collaborative discussions and exercises and get a brief introduction to using statistical software and the basics of statistical process control. Participants who complete this training are well prepared to move on to Green Belt certification training and project work for further application of skills.
The Six Sigma Yellow Belt workshop expands beyond the fundamentals of the DMAIC methodology and introduces some of the common tools utilized in improvement activities. Yellow belt training reviews the process management concepts and tools to be an effective team participant and contributor within any organization.
Yellow belt training also provides supervisors with the knowledge and tools needed to effectively engage and support continuous improvement efforts and project improvement teams. Completion of this course prepares participants to continue on to Green Belt Certification training and project work.
* Understanding the DMAIC methodology as a continuous improvement strategy
* Identifying and creating strong problem statements to drive improvement
* Developing strong measures of success for improvement initiatives
* Utilizing some of the key tools for identifying process variation
**Lean Six Sigma Green Belt**
The Six Sigma Green Belt provides a learning atmosphere packed with interactive discussions, applied exercises, project reviews and Minitab software practice. Learn to utilize DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)a disciplined, data-driven methodology for eliminating defects in any process.
Each session focuses on Six Sigma tools to implement projects, conduct data and statistical analysis and reinvent business processes. Implementation of a workplace improvement and project report puts the tools into practice and documents results. Average projects can save a company $5,000-$50,000 annually.
* Six Sigma fundamentals and benefits
* Project identification and selection
* Lean Six Sigma methodologies
* Basic statistical process control
* Measurement system analysis
* Minitab and basic investigative tools
* Sampling and benchmarking
* Creating insightful measures
* Regression, correlation and testing
* Meeting and project facilitation techniques
* Theory of Constraints
* Voice of the customer
* Control plan development
* Milestone and project reporting
Benefits & Outcomes
**Why Fox Valley Technical College for Lean Six Sigma training?**
* An interactive learning atmosphere with practical applications and real-world examples
* Class schedule and workload designed to accommodate the working adult
* Low participant/faculty ratio to facilitate learning
* Training is easy to comprehend and implement
**Six Sigma Benefits**
* Improved bottom-line results for business
* Uses a business management methodology and metrics, rather than "gut feel"
* Increased customer satisfaction
* Sustainable implementation of strategic business plan
* Succession planning to foster future organization leadership
* Systematic elimination of waste and poor quality issues
* Workforce empowerment
FVTC Six Sigma facilitators have a unique blend of leadership and quality development experience. Each individual has a distinguished career in leading local and national organizations through organizational transformation.