Lean Facilitation Skills
Introduces a variety of basic to advanced lean facilitation tools needed to improve processes and work environments. Facilitation skills can be applied to rapid improvement activities, kaizen events, ideation sessions, as well as project planning and prioritization.
Explore *course options* or request a consultation with a Lean Six Sigma advisor.
* Rapid Improvement Event Preparation & Facilitation
* Tools for Lean Facilitation: Idea Generation
* Tools for Lean Facilitation: Prioritizing & Selecting Solutions
**Rapid Improvement Event Preparation & Facilitation**
Rapid improvement or kaizen activities which implement change in organization processes are one of the most important elements in a successful lean implementation. Explore all the elements for and running a lean event. Roles are outlined and data gathering strategies are explored to help facilitators and team leaders understand the various roles and requirements. You will learn about:
* Creating process changes through rapid improvement activities
* Elements of preparing for and running a lean event
* The roles and requirements of facilitators, team leaders and event participants
* Skills to lead lean initiatives within your organization
**Tools for Lean Facilitation: Idea Generation**
Working in cross-functional teams is most valuable when the activity leverages the ideas and insights of all of its members. This seminar will teach participants how to use lean tools for generating, organizing, and using ideas. Practice with tools that organizations use on their own as well as in combination with other lean techniques. Obtain resources for further study about creativity tools and decision-making methods applied in a lean environment. You will learn about:
* Using lean tools to generate ideas
* Strategies to organize and use ideas to implement improvement
* Tools to encourage creativity, brainstorming and idea generation
**Tools for Lean Facilitation: Prioritizing & Selecting Solutions**
The power of teamwork lies in using the best brainpower available. Often, however, teams come up with more possible solutions than they could reasonably implement. This seminar will enable you to identify themes within a list of ideas, combine the best aspects of various options, and select the best solution to put in place. Learn how to develop and use evaluation criteria. Practice with lean tools that help teams to decide which solution provides the best opportunity to achieve its improvement goals. You will learn about:
* The importance of selecting solutions that are a "best fit"
* Ways teams can prioritize solutions
* Evaluation criteria options