Active Listening & Assertive Speaking
- Have you ever wished you stood up for yourself instead of letting someone else infringe upon you?
- Have you ever misunderstood a customer or boss and then responded in a way that added to the confusion or caused an emotional rebuttal?
- Were you passive or submissive at that moment because you felt insecure, or did you react aggressively in a way that might damage that relationship?
*Active Listening and Assertive Speaking* or *Results-Oriented Communication* training through Fox Valley Technical College provides the skills to effectively stand up for yourself. Learn to express your feelings, preferences and views, while at the same time respecting the opinions and rights of others. Leave the training with effective speaking and active listening skills that enable you to achieve your goals.
Listening and assertiveness training and seminars provide effective communication techniques that enable you to achieve your goals and increase your self-esteem.
- Explain assertive, aggressive, passive, passive-aggressive styles
- Demonstrate active and attentive listening
- Listening self-assessment and reflection
- Identifying barriers to effective listening
- Use powerful descriptive "I" messages
- Focus on solutions in assertive speaking