All accidents, injuries, illnesses and near misses should be investigated to determine the cause for appropriate corrective actions to be taken. This training workshop teaches participants how to promptly conduct thorough investigations and identify the root causes of the event.
You will learn about:
- Basic terminology and definitions of accident investigation
- The three levels of accident causation
- Factors contributing to workplace accidents and "near misses"
- Who should perform incident investigations
- What accidents and incidents should be investigated
- Purpose of accident investigation
- Best practices for conducting an investigation
- Accident reporting
- How to draft preliminary and final reports
- Common misconceptions and mistakes