All new students are required to attend a New Student Orientation before beginning classes. Orientations are made by appointment only and last for about an hour.
During your orientation you will:
- Fill out FVTC registration forms
- Pay the $10 registration fee and $4.50 material fees per class
- Complete the English placement exam (TABE Clas-E and/or Michigan Test)
- Complete course registration
- Discuss class content, descriptions and options
- Take a campus tour
Returning students may need to take an English placement exam if your knowledge level is unknown or more than one year has passed since your last exam. Please contact your ELI adviser to make an appointment for an exam. If no exam is needed, please stop by the ELI office to register for classes.