Grant eligibility is determined through the FAFSA application process. Federal and state grant money is gift aid. It does not need to be
repaid unless the student:
- fails to attend or stops attending class prior to the census date, but the grade is posted after disbursement.
- withdraws after the census date from a class that has not started.
- has no passing grades. Please see our Return of Title IV funds page for further explanation on these situations.
The student may need to repay a portion or all of the aid that was received if any of these occur.
Federal PELL—based on Expected Family Contribution (EFC), prorated based on credit load per term
- $288 per term for 2012-2013
- $298 per term for 2013-2014
- $2775 per term for 2012-2013
- $2823 per term for 2013-2014
- lifetime maximum is equal to 12 full time terms
Federal SEOG—based on half-time status per term
Wisconsin Higher Education Grant (WHEG)—based on half-time status per term
- minimum $265 per term
- maximum $1,205 per year
Other State Funding
To view state funding and eligibility, go to the Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB)